Monday, January 17, 2011

Weeks 12 & 13: Two & three years later...

January 1, 2007
Dear Mom and Dad,
Happy New Year!
I just spent an hour or so reading through the Italian Soup book (The Glorious Soups and Stews of Italy, by Domenica Marchetti) you gave me for Christmas, and it's wonderful. Expect the Soup Diaries part due sometime soon...
Kiss, kiss...Love, Janine

========================

December 2007

On my Christmas list was a set of soup bowls and a soup dish. Dad searched high and low to find something he thought would suit me, and he found a perfect set of dishes for me, including six soup bowls, that have an ocean scene painted on them (complete with a lighthouse that looks like the Cape Hatteras LH where I vacation with friends every year). I was soooooo excited to start using them. But not so much to start cooking soup again just yet.

Turns out, they work well as cereal and salad bowls. For now.

"And if you could read my heart
Then you'd know without exception
It was all with the best of intentions"
~Travis Tritt

No comments:

Post a Comment