Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 15: The Soup Diaries Redux!

The first weekend of December (2010), some friends, KO and KV, and I made a fun roadtrip to see our friend JT and her art work that was on display in a coffee house in her town, and on our way home we stopped to do some Christmas shopping and pick up some things we each needed. I bought myself a new "Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender" to replace my magic squisher that had died last summer. (It was on sale, and I could have gotten an additional rebate, but I forgot about it until I found the rebate form a week after it had expired.) So, now, I'll be able to fix that Gazpacho come summer!

Last week, I started thinking about reviving "The Soup Diaries" and got excited about starting to cook soup again and having friends over for dinner, and maybe even cooking some to take to friends when they're sick. I also decided I'm ready to share "The Soup Diaries" with a wider audience than just my parents and a few close friends, but I had no idea how to go about it. So I posted on facebook to get input from friends who blog about how to do that, as well as to get feedback about whether or not there might be any interest in reading about my (mis)adventures. I started by posting the first two weeks in a facebook note as an example and to whet my friends' appetites (pun intended), and several people responded positively and encouraged me to do it; so, here goes....

I'm having fun with it so far, and I'm excited to see where "The Soup Diaries Redux (Revisited)" takes me--and whoever else chooses to join me in my (mis)adventures!

“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming – “WOW – What a Ride!” ~Author Unknown

“Keep trying. Stay humble, Trust your instincts. Most importantly, act. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” ~Yogi Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment